The Model Railroad System Software package is available FREE of charge.
The current version of the software package is 2.1.44, dated Jan 9, 2020.
Add async (event driven) step code to ADAFruitDC_AND_STEPPER.tcl
Minor update of build infrastructure: remove duplicate variable def in Scripts/LCC/Makefile.am and restore toplevel build control files.
Add CrossingInterchange LCC Example
Bug in Dispatcher build: TclSocketCAN gets packed into the wrong place in the StarKit.
Add signal helper code and update signal XMLs.
Further refinements: removed the need for a MCP23017 for the Occupency detectors (there are enough GPIOs on the Pi).
Add Schematics for hats
Add wiring diagrams for SMCSenseHAT and QuadSignal HATs.
Add bitmap and PDF of layout.
Start work on LCC Example documentation.
Create Event Report for panel
Start on logic virtual node.
Add LCC Example code
Minor updates to LCC Example code
Working on LCC Example documentation.
Fix configure.in to work with MacOSX properly (/usr/bin/trus vs /bin/true for missing programs)
Build update: properly handle no having bison++ and not try to build Dispatcher is bison++ is not available.
Search for macOS provided Tcl macOS provides Tcl 8.5, but not in a Linux expected location, so include the path to the macOS provided Tcl 8.5.
Error handling with config memory writes tweaking (OpenMRN weirdness).
Updates to OpenLCB_Common.tcl: support separated Config code and non-notebooked config and add sample config generator.
Add portable (sysfs) GPIO support
Layout Control DB updates
Updated LCC / Dispatcher logic (Layout Control DB features)
Updates to OpenLCB, LCCNodeList: progress dialogs, layout control DB features properly integrated.
Add Make buttons for CDI editor.
Update XtrakCAD parser.
Minor fixes to Dispatcher code relating to xtrkcad files. (Still to fix: Layout Controls menu index issue.)
Fix view menu indexing issue (Layout Controls)
Add setAttribute method to ParseXML
Fix bugs in ConfigurationEditor export code (nasty!).
Add OpenLCB Router.
Fix minor bug in OpenLCB.tcl: responding to GlobalVerifyNodeID with a payload containing a different NID.
Add comments to OpenLCBTcpHub.tcl and Router.tcl.
Fix bugs in Router.tcl: extra space in OpenLCBTcp, handle “orphaned” messages (missing alias => NID mappings) — dropped for now.
Added -cnid option to Router.tcl, Router now has a NID and uses an AME message to populate its alias map on startup.
Catch messages addressed to the Router (CAN/GC side). Presently, nothing is done with them.
Add logging code to log messages addressed to the router.
Catch write errors (lost connections, etc.) in OpenLCBTcpHub.tcl
Normalize case for route and alias for all CAN/GC alias maps and route tables for Hubs and Router (just in case). Finish out full node implementation for Router.
Fix the startup order (GC/CAN has to be first) of the routes in Router.
Add Refresh method to LCCNodeTree and Refresh button to OpenLCB.
Add Refresh button to CTC Panel Node Lists
Handle proper message syncronization with alias reservation.
Minor bugfixes in Router.tcl (SocketCAN).
Update protocol strings
Handle missing CRLF at the end of CDIs
Download the complete ChangeLog.
- Source Downloads
- Miscellaneous Downloads
- MS-Windows Downloads
- Linux Downloads
- MacOSX Downloads
- Model Railroad System related merchandise
- Alternitive Download Links (in case the links on this page don’t work properly):
- Source tree on GitHub
- Complete System Source; compressed tar. Uses the standard set of build utilities: autoconf, automake, libtool, etc. for most systems, building should be just a matter of "./configure && make && make install".34 MB
- Complete System Source; zip archive. Uses the standard set of build utilities: autoconf, automake, libtool, etc. for most systems, building should be just a matter of "./configure && make && make install".35 MB
- 2 GB
ISO Image (DVD-ROM image), includes both Linux and MS-WIndows binaries, source code, several additional packages, plus installer programs for both MS-Windows and Linux.
Updated to pick up fixed .deb files (fixed post install script).
- MD5 Sums for all of the above3 KB
- ChangeLog156 KB
- General Readme file4 KB
- CentOS Readme2 KB
- MS-Windows Readme2 KB
- Library Junction and Bench Station Data files (sample data for the Freight Car Forwarder system) (included on the CD).13 KB
- Chesapeake System Data files (sample data for the Freight Car Forwarder system) (included on the CD).51 KB
These are cross-built for 32-bit MS-Windows and should run on modern 64-bit MS-Windows systems.
- 32-bit MS-Windows Example Zipfile cross-built built under Linux. Ready to unpack (typically under /usr/local) on any MS-Windows system.25 MB
- Documentation Zip file cross-built for MS-Windows (Win32). Ready to unzip anyplace convientent on a MS-Windows machine.6 MB
- Develmental Zip file cross-built for MS-Windows (Win32). Ready to unzip anyplace convientent on a MS-Windows machine.16 MB
- Binary Zip file cross-built for MS-Windows (Win32). Ready to unzip anyplace convientent on a MS-Windows machine.145 MB
- Complete zip file for 32-bit MS-Windows. Includes binaries, development, and documentation, along with the installer and sample data archives.230 MB
I have built the system for various “flavors” of Linux. My main development system runs CentOS 6 at present, so the base builds are built under that environment, but I have VMs for other Linux distros.
Generic 32-bit Downloads
- 32-bit Linux examples tarball built under CentOS 5.5. Ready to unpack (typically under /usr/local) on any 32-bit Linux system.25 MB
- 32-bit Linux Binary tarball built under CentOS 5.5. Ready to unpack (typically under /usr/local) on any 32-bit Linux system.80 MB
- Documentation tarball built under CentOS 6. Ready to unpack (typically under /usr/local) on any Linux system.6 MB
- 32-bit Linux Development tarball built under CentOS 6. Ready to unpack (typically under /usr/local) on any 32-bit Linux system.13 MB
Generic 64-bit Downloads
- 64-bit Linux Examples tarball built under CentOS 6. Ready to unpack (typically under /usr/local) on any 32-bit Linux system.25 MB
- Generic 64 bit Linux base binaries82 MB
- Development tar file for 64-bit Linux14 MB
- Documentation for 64-bit Linux6 MB
Other Linux Downloads
Other Linux binaries are available from the FTP and HTTP download sites. There are RPMs for RHEL 6, generic binaries for ARMV7l in the main directory (built on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian), and there are sub-directories for Ubuntu and Raspbian.
- General FTP site
- General HTTP download site
- Ubuntu & Raspbian deb files via FTP
- Ubuntu & Raspbian deb files via HTTP
- MacOS Disk Image / Installer312 MB
Model Railroad System merchandise
And yes, there are things you can spend money on (which helps keep the programming gremlin fed, which means he can spend time making improvements to the system).
|Deepwoods Software's||Amazon Wish List|
|Rsync the Model Railroad System. Please feel free to create a mirror site and if you do create a mirror, please let me know.||rsync://rsync.deepsoft.com/MRRSystem|