The Model Railroad System Software package is available FREE of charge.
The current version of the software package is 2.2.0, dated Jun 7, 2021.
Updated the README. Removed outdated Readme and build infrastructure files.
Add bin bundles, minor build infrastructure updates.
Update for Doxygen 1.8.13 and workaround for 1.8.17.
Update for Tcl 8.6, remove MS-Windows and MacOSX build infrasturure from configure.in.
Change styling of toolbar buttons.
Add use, copy, and paste buttons to events.
Minor build problem fixed.
Fix Minor Build Infrastructure problem.
Add LinuxGpio build infrastructure.
For those seeking to build MacOSX or MS-Windows binaries, there are TclKits available on GitHub: https://github.com/auriocus/kbskit/releases under Assets
Download the complete ChangeLog.
- Source Downloads
- Miscellaneous Downloads
- Linux Downloads
- Model Railroad System related merchandise
- Alternitive Download Links (in case the links on this page don’t work properly):
- Source tree on GitHub
- Complete System Source; compressed tar. Uses the standard set of build utilities: autoconf, automake, libtool, etc. for most systems, building should be just a matter of "./configure && make && make install".37 MB
- Complete System Source; zip archive. Uses the standard set of build utilities: autoconf, automake, libtool, etc. for most systems, building should be just a matter of "./configure && make && make install".38 MB
- ISO Image (DVD-ROM image), includes Linux binaries (i386, x86_64, armv7l, aarch64), source code, several additional packages, plus installer programs for Linux.868 MB
- MD5 Sums for all of the above1 KB
- ChangeLog157 KB
- General Readme file
- Library Junction and Bench Station Data files (sample data for the Freight Car Forwarder system) (included on the CD).13 KB
- Chesapeake System Data files (sample data for the Freight Car Forwarder system) (included on the CD).51 KB
I have built the system for various “flavors” of Linux: x86_64 and i386 under Ubuntu 18.04 (VMs), Armv7l on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Raspbian 10, and Aarch64 on a Banana Pi M64 running Armbian 20.04.
Model Railroad System merchandise
And yes, there are things you can spend money on (which helps keep the programming gremlin fed, which means he can spend time making improvements to the system).
|Now available Train Shaped USB drives with the current version of the Model Railroad System:|
|Donate to Model Railroad System software effort:|
|The 259 page printed and bound User Manual is now available at LuLu.com: (US$6.56):||Buy on Lulu|
|The 203 page printed and bound Programming Guide is now available at LuLu.com: (US$6.60):||Buy on Lulu|
|The 28 page printed and bound Application Note 2 is now available at LuLu.com: (US$5.10):||Buy on Lulu|
|Deepwoods Software's||Amazon Wish List|
|Rsync the Model Railroad System. Please feel free to create a mirror site and if you do create a mirror, please let me know.||rsync://rsync.deepsoft.com/MRRSystem|
|Model Railroad Hardware available from The Country Robot.||The Country Robot Store|