Unclassified snippets of software: source code that does not fit elsewhere.
This is a collection of not otherwise classifiable programming projects that are available on an as is basis. Feel free to download them and check them out.
TkSessionManager: A simple X11 Launcher with integrated electronic notepad.
The TkSessionManager program is a simple but essentially complete program launcher application that includes an "electronic notepad", which is just a text area where text can be pasted, typed, or used to collect the output of a program run at the command line. This text area can be saved to a text file or sent to a printer.
The TkSessionManager program implements a launcher menu that is fully user customizable. There is an integrated editor to edit the launcher menu or the menu file can be edited with a standard text editor. This menu can be defined to have sub-menus (cascading menus) and there is no defined limit controlling the depth of the sub-menus. The program
includes an actions menu for system wide actions. It starts a user-specified window manager and runs a session start up script to launch a user-defined set of initial applications.
- Binary archive for 32-bit Linux.2 MB
- Source archive, compressed tar.8 MB
FacebookTcl: A port of the Facebook API to Tcl (layered on Don Libes’s cgi.tcl).
This is a port of Facebook’s API that I translated from php to Tcl, using SNIT as the OO framework and using Don Libes’s cgi.tcl package to implement the low-level CGI/HTML layer. The API has been lightly tested by using it for a simple Facebook application that I wrote.
The source archive comes with documentation and a trivial application.
- Source archive, Zip file.173 KB
- Source archive, compressed tar.143 KB
DirectMailTk: Print address labels for direct mail marketing
This is a quick and simple program that uses a SQL (RDMS) database for addresses used in a direct mail advertising compaign.
- Windows binary (starpack), Zip file.1 MB
- Linux binary (starpack), compressed tar.1 MB
- User Manual, Zip file.74 KB
- User Manual, compressed tar.73 KB
- Complete System Source, compressed tar.301 KB
Fish tank program/game in Tcl/Tk
This is a quick and simple program that illustrates using Tcl/Tk to create a animated display involving fish in a tank.
- “Advanced version”, in the form of a children’s game. Compressed tar file.7 KB
- Base source code in Tcl, compressed6 KB
LaTeX Invoice class
A simple LaTeX class for invoices / packing lists
- Source code, compressed tar file28 KB
Mylex RAID controller user interface
This is a simple user interface (CLI and GUI) to the Linux driver for the Mylex DAC960/AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID PCI RAID Controllers.
- Source code, V0.1, Compressed tar102 KB
NetTrafficGraph: Network Traffic Graph program coded in Tcl/Tk
Simple net traffic graphing program
- Source Code, compressed tar83 KB
TkBattery: ACPI Laptop battery monitor program in Tcl/Tk
Simple Tcl/Tk program for monitoring ACPI Laptop batteries
- Source code, compressed tar.84 KB
TclChat: Tcl coded Chat program
Quick and simple chat program written in Tcl/Tk
- Source code, compressed tar.5 KB
TkNews: the E-Mail/News client I wrote and use.
- Linux Binaries, Compressed tar3 MB
- Source code, Compressed tar254 KB
TkRp3: PPP dialer program, written in Tcl/Tk
Simple clone of RP3 written in Tcl/Tk
- Source code, compressed tar53 KB
TrikeTrips: DB Front end for managing triking trips.
A simple GUI front end for a SQL (RDBMS) for keeping track of your travels by trike or bike.
- Source code, compressed tar.295 KB
HTML Help: A Tcl/Tk HTML Help popup widget.
This is a basic, pure-Tcl HTML Help popup widget. I use it in various GUI programs, including the Model Railroad System.
- Source code and documentation.71 KB