This is a program that is the idea of long time Wendell resident Robin Pierce. This program reverses the coordinate system of the pointer device (mouse) and implements a Etch-A-Sketch using this reversed coordinate system. Can you manage to actualy draw something when moving the mouse up moves the pointer down or moving the mouse to the right moves the pointer to the left? Try it. It is not easy to move you hand in the opposite direction from what you see on the screen.
This is a free program and the source code is available. There are versions built for 32 and 64 bit Linux, 32 bit MS-Windows and an universial binary for MacOSX. It will run on any system for which a Tcl/Tk StarKit is available.
- 32-bit Linux binary2 MB
- Md5sums for all of the Upsidedown Mouse archives401 B
- Source code, Zip archive8 MB
- Source archive, compressed tar8 MB
- MS-Windows 32-bit binaries2 MB
- MacOSX universal binaries3 MB
- 64-bit linux binaries2 MB